Peanut Butter Cheesecake
Ingredients for brownie bottom
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted Butter, melted + xxtra for greasing
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup + 2 Tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1-1/2 cup sugar
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup peanut butter chips
- 6 whole peanut butter cups, cut
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Ingredients For the Cheesecake Filling
- 2 pounds cream cheese, softened
- 5 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup Peanut Butter
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
Directions for brownie bottom
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Grease a deep 9-inch Springform pan with butter.
- In a large bowl, mix together butter, sugar and vanilla.
- Add in the eggs one at a time until fully incorporated
- Stir in flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, mix well
- Spread the mixture into the greased/prepared pan.
- While baking, you can make your cheesecake filling
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean
- Reduce oven temp to 325°F
- Immediately after removing brownie bottom from your oven, evenly place the chocolate chips, peanut butter chips and peanut butter cups over brownies surface, then spoon the cheesecake filling over that layer.
Directions for Cheesecake Layer
- In a large bowl or Mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add sugar, peanut butter and cream, beat until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla extract.
- Pour the cheesecake filling into prepared brownie bottom crust.
- Double-wrap Springform pan with foil to prevent water getting in.
- Wrap the foil up the sides so that the seam of the pan bottom and springform side is covered- top uncovered.
- Place the pan into a LARGER baking pan.
- Pour hot water into the larger pan so that the water comes to about 1 inch up the sides of the Springform pan with your cheesecake inside.
- Bake at 325°F for 1 and 1/2 hours or until firm and lightly browned.
- Remove and allow to cool on a wire rack for at least one hour.
- Use a knife along the edge of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan.
- Refrigerate overnight before cutting and serving