Quick Yeast Bread
- 5 cups white all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yeast
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups warm-hot water (115°F)
- 1⁄4 cup cooking oil
- Put 4 cups of the flour, yeast, sugar and salt into large bowl.
- Pour in hot water and oil and mix until combined – it will be sticky.
- Add the remaining flour in increments until dough is no longer sticky.
- Knead for about 5 minutes until dough is elastic and smooth.
- Place dough back into bowl and cover with a damp teatowel and let it rise until double its size- about 1/2 hour.
- Punch it down and divide dough into two pieces.
- Roll pieces long enough to fill two well oiled loaf pans and leave to rise until dough has reached the rim of the pan.
- Bake at 400°F for 40 minutes.