- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 6-ounce can tomato paste
- 2 16-ounce cans tomato sauce
- 1 28-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- Brown the ground beef, onion and garlic in olive oil with bay leaves, oregano, basil, Italian Seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add tomato paste, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes.
- Stir well and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- Cover and simmer for a minimum of 1 1/2 hours.
This can also be made and simmered on low in crock pot all day.