Stove Top Cheddar Mac and Cheese
- 16 ounces elbow macaroni
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- Cook macaroni according to package directions, drain and set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat; stir in flour, and cook for 3-5 minutes stirring constantly to form a roux.
- Add dry seasonings, then slowly add milk, stirring constantly. Cook and stir until bubbly.
- Stir in cheese a small amount at a time until fully melted. Add macaroni and stir.