Garlic Shrimp Scampi
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4-5 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/4 pounds shrimp, shelled and tails removed
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- cooked angel hair pasta
Heat olive oil and 2 tablespoons of butter in a large pan or skillet on medium. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant (about 30 seconds – 1 minute). Then add the shrimp, season with salt and pepper to taste and sauté for 1-2 minutes on one side (until just beginning to turn pink), then flip.
Pour in wine and red pepper flakes. Bring to a simmer for 1-2 minutes or until wine reduces by about half and the shrimp is cooked through (don’t over cook your shrimp).
Stir in the remaining butter, lemon juice and parsley and take off heat immediately. Serve with angel hair pasta.