Robust Linguini and Clam Sauce
This is a super easy recipe to make. Most people hear ‘linguini and clam sauce’ and because it sounds so fancy, are intimidated by it. Don’t be, this is so easy. Whichever pasta you choose is fine. I personally prefer linguini. The addition of flour and red pepper flakes is why I chose to call it “robust”. It’s a thicker sauce that sticks to your pasta better and has a little bite. The flour is a necessity, the red pepper flakes are not.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1/2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 cans chopped clams, with juice (minced are fine too)
- 1 6.5 ounce bottle clam juice
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 pound linguine (or pasta of choice)
- Start the boiled water for the pasta.
- Melt butter and olive oil in pan on medium low heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes, and sauté for about 5 minutes.
- Add flour to pan, and cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add clam juice from bottle, lime juice, oregano, basil, parsley, and cajun seasoning, stir for one minute, then add clams with juice. Simmer for 5 minutes. Cook pasta according to package directions and serve with sauce.