Pizza Crust (Thick)
This crust is super easy, and requires no pre-rising!
- 1 cup warm water 105-110°F
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon active dry yeast
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Grease a pizza pan or large jelly roll pan and set aside.
- Put warm water into a large mixing bowl.
- Add sugar and yeast and stir to combine.
- Let mixture sit for 5 minutes, or until it becomes frothy and bubbles form.
- Add olive oil and gently stir to combine.
- Add flour and salt and mix with a spatula until a ball begins to form (dough will still be slightly sticky)
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead into a smooth dough, adding up to ½ cup extra flour if needed.
- Roll dough into your desired shape and gently transfer to your prepared pan.
- To ensure the dough doesn’t form air pockets, use a fork to prick to the dough all around (gently so you do not poke holes all the way through the crust).
- Bake on the lower rack of your preheated oven for 5 minutes and remove from your oven. (this is just to very slightly prebake the dough). If you notice air bubbles forming, poke them with a fork to let the air out.
- Add pizza sauce and toppings of choice.
- Bake on the lower rack of your oven for around 15-20 minutes until the crust looks crispy and lightly browned.