This is a childhood favorite for my husband. My mother in law shared this recipe when my husband and I got together, and it’s been a staple in our house ever since.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- approx. 3/4 C milk (mix milk in slowly, the meatballs should be very wet but still stay together).
- 2 large cans of tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup uncooked rice
- Mix all ingredients, except tomato sauce, and make into small meatballs. Either cook in frying pan on medium or bake in oven at 350° cooked about 90% of the way.
- Drain meatballs and add to a deep pan with the tomato sauce and the 1/4 cup of rice. Cook on simmer for about 4 hours. You may also do the second part in a crockpot. This recipe is easily doubled.