Bacon, Blue Cheese, Caramelized Onion Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 pound large mushrooms
- 2 small onions – thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons garlic – minced
- 4 Slices thick cut bacon – cooked crisp and crumbled
- 4 ounces cream cheese – softened
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Thoroughly wash mushrooms and remove stems. Finely chop the stems.
- In a large sauté pan over low-medium heat, add butter, garlic, onions and salt and pepper. Cook until onions are nice and caramelized – About 30 minutes.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chopped mushroom stems, caramelized onions, chopped bacon, softened cream cheese, and blue cheese crumbles. Mix until all ingredients are well combined.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with mixture. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes.
Take mushrooms out of the oven and top each one with Parmesan cheese, bake an additional 10 minutes.