Beer and Brown Sugar Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 3/4 cup brown ale
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Stir together the cream and beer in a bowl or large measuring cup.
- Stir together the cinnamon, nutmeg, brown sugar, salt, pepper, and flour in a separate bowl.
- Add one-third of the sweet potato slices to a 9-inch cast iron skillet in overlapping concentric circles.
- Drizzle with cream mixture, then sprinkle with 1/3 of the brown sugar mixture.
- Repeat with two more layers of potatoes, cream, and brown sugar mixtures making sure to use all ingredients.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Remove from oven, press down firmly on the potatoes with a large spatula to submerge the potatoes.
- Bake for another 20 minutes, press again.
- Bake until the potatoes are fork tender and the liquid has thickened, this is about another 20 minutes. Allow to cool slightly before serving.
Recipe Source – http://thebeeroness.com/2017/11/09/beer-brown-sugar-sweet-potatoes/