Beer Cheese Dip
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2/3 cup beer
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and whisk together for about 1 minute.
- In a slow and steady stream, whisk in the milk. After it’s all added, continue whisking until it slightly thickens, about 1 minute.
- One at a time, whisk in the remaining ingredients.
- Remove the cheese dip from heat and pour into a serving dish. Sprinkle with extra cheese, if desired. The dip will be thin right off the stove but will begin to thicken after a few minutes.
- Cover and store leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 1 week. Heat over stovetop or in the microwave before serving again.