Chicken Fried Rice
* This recipe requires pre-cooked cold rice, you’ll need to make it the day before.
- 3 cups cooked and cooled rice
- 2 cups cooked cubed chicken (or shrimp, beef, pork)
- 1 can bean sprouts (drained)
- 1 can water chestnuts (drained)
- 3 scrambled eggs
- 1 small can peas and carrots (drained)
- 3 tablespoon oil (sesame oil is best, but any will work)
- 3 tablespoon butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 cups soy sauce
- Melt butter with oil, and then fry cold rice (crumble with hands to separate when putting into wok/pan) in oil and butter for 10 minutes, turning constantly, then add meat and drained vegetables. Then scramble eggs in separate pan and add last with soy sauce. Any meat or any veggies can be used with this recipe. This makes a lot, so a wok or electric skillet works best. If you are using shrimp, do not pre-cook, they cook very quickly. With any other meat, if does need to be pre-cooked. This recipe can also be easily cut in half or doubled!