- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 cups tomato sauce
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 4 ounces Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil, for frying
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pound chicken until 1/3-inch thick. Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken in the beaten eggs, then cover in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large oven-safe skillet. When oil is hot, brown chicken on both sides. Remove and set aside to drain on paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place chicken in oven safe pan and cover with sauce. Sprinkle Parmesan over the chicken and then cover in the mozzarella cheese. Transfer to oven and bake at 350°F for 20 minutes, or until cheese has melted and chicken is appropriate temperature.