InstaPot Chicken Burrito Bowls
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup taco seasoning (to taste)
- 1 cup low-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs (or breasts), cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (16-ounce) jar salsa
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- Add the oil to the InstaPot, choose sauté setting, and heat oil until it is shiny. Add the onion and garlic and sauté, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 5 minutes. Stir in half the taco seasoning and sauté about 30 seconds. Add 1/4 cup of the chicken broth and gently scrape the bottom of the pot with a wooden spoon to loosen any stuck-on bits.
- Season the chicken with the remaining half of the taco seasoning then add to InstantPot along with beans, corn, and salsa, and stir to combine.
- Sprinkle the rice over the top. Pour the remaining 3/4 cup broth over the rice, but do not stir. Using the manual setting, set the pressure to HIGH for 10 minutes. Close and lock the lid. It should take the pressure cooker about 10 to 12 minutes to come to pressure and begin the 10 minute countdown. When the cooking time is complete, do a quick release of the pressure.
- Gently stir everything together. Divide between bowls and top with cheese, sour cream, etc.