Maraschino Cherry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup maraschino cherries, drained well
- 2/3 cup chocolate chips
- Mix flour and salt, set aside.
- Cream the butter with the powdered sugar, mix in vanilla.
- Add flour and salt mixture and mix until it starts forming larger clumps.
- Mix in chocolate chips and maraschino cherries.
- Form the dough into a 2 inch thick log and press it well. Wrap it in the plastic wrap and chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- Preheat the oven to 325°F and line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut the log into 1/4 or 1/3 inch thick slices (if the slices crumbles, press it back together with your hands) and place them onto baking sheet with one inch of space between.
- Bake the cookies 10– 15 minutes (until they just start to turn lightly golden brown on top)
- Let them cool for 5 minutes on a baking sheet before transfer them to a rack to cool completely.