Bakery Style Chocolate Chip Muffins
I started making this muffin recipe a few months before my daughter’s wedding. Everyone loved them, so I made them as part of their wedding breakfast. They are easy to make and don’t require a mixer. Pay close attention to the directions here, there is a temperature change that is very important.
- 1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Start by melting the butter so it has time to cool.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a 12 cup muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, toss together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and chocolate chips. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the melted butter, sugar, eggs, milk and vanilla. Slowly add to the dry ingredients. Gently fold together until JUST combined.
- Divide the batter into the 12 muffin cups (a regular size ice cream scoop works perfectly here) and bake at 425°F for 5 minutes. Then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F and continue to bake for another 12-15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.