- 1 cup pecans
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Spread the pecans on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 3 minutes.
- Stir and bake for 3 more minutes (watch them closely so the don’t get over toasted).
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a heavy sauce pan, over high heat, cook the cream, butter and brown sugar to 245°F.
- If necessary, stir once to help dissolve the sugar.
- Remove from the heat and let sit for 15 seconds.
- Carefully stir in the vanilla and toasted pecans.
- Stir until the mixture looks creamy and slightly thickened.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheet.
- Cool for 20 minutes.