Queso Flameado Chicken
My family loves this recipe, even the picky ones! I usually serve it with my Mexican Rice.
- 2 Chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound Chorizo, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons Butter
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 ounces shredded monterey jack cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Pound the 2 pieces of chicken with a meat tenderizer, then salt and pepper. Melt butter in large skillet over high heat. Brown chicken on both sides until nearly done then remove from pan.
- Add crumbled chorizo and brown, crumbling as small as you can as it cooks. Add the onions and bell pepper and saute until they are tender.
- Lower heat to medium low and add cream, water and cilantro. Simmer a couple minutes to reduce a bit.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over the sauce and lay chicken on top of sauce, then add remaining cheese to top of chicken.
- Pop into preheated oven and bake for 15 minutes or until bubbly and the meat is at least 170°. Serve 1/4 of the sauce over each portion of meat.