Salisbury steak is a big time comfort food to me. I don’t make it that often, because the entire meal is carb laden. And although delicious, it brings a little guilt with it.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 slices onion, chopped super small
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup plain bread crumbs
- 2 packages brown gravy mix prepared according to package directions (or you can make my simple homemade beef gravy)
- Mix all ingredients (except gravy mix), form into 4 patties, turn burner on medium, and fry in large skillet on both sides for 4 minutes each side.
- Pour prepared gravy over patties in pan, cover, and simmer one hour. Serve over mashed potatoes or egg noodles.