Bang Bang Shrimp
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon Sriracha, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled, deveined, tail removed
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cornstarch
- oil, for frying
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, Thai sweet chili sauce, Sriracha, and honey. Mix well and set aside.
- In a second bowl, add the shrimp. Pour the buttermilk over the shrimp, making sure to coat each one.
- In a third small bowl, add cornstarch.
- In a large, heavy-bottom pot, add 1 inch of canola oil. Heat over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 375°F.
- Working in batches, remove the shrimp from the buttermilk, allowing excess buttermilk to drip off. Next, coat the shrimp in cornstarch.
- Place the coated shrimp into the hot oil and fry for 1-2 minutes, or until lightly golden brown on each side. Continue with the remaining shrimp. (You may have to let the oil heat up to 375°F again after each batch of fried shrimp.)
- While hot, coat the fried shrimp with the sauce and serve immediately.