InstaPot Tortellini Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (15-ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups vegetable (or chicken) stock
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 10 ounces fresh tortellini
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups baby spinach leaves
- Select the sauté setting on the Instapot, and add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, add the diced onion followed by the carrots. Cook for a few minutes, then add the garlic and cook for a minute while stirring so the garlic doesn’t burn.
- Add diced tomatoes, vegetable (or chicken) stock, and all the seasonings to the pot.
- Secure the lid and set the vent to sealing. Pressure cook for 4 minutes at high pressure.
- The Instant Pot will take around 10 minutes to come to pressure and start cooking.
- When the cooking program ends, allow the pressure cooker to naturally release the steam for 5 minutes then do a quick release.
- Using a blender or an immersion blender, blend until smooth. Add in the fresh tortellini, stir and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the cream. Simmer for 3 minutes
- Add the baby spinach leaves, and cover the pressure cooker with the lid to let the spinach wilt for a couple of minutes.