Lemon Shortbread Cookies
- 7 ounce almond flour
- 1 ounce chia seeds, finely ground
- 2½ ounce xylitol
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- Zest of 2 lemons
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- Put the almond flour, ground chia seeds, xylitol, xanthan gum, and lemon zest in a food processor and pulse a couple of times to mix well.
- Cut the butter into small squares and add to the dry ingredients in the processor.
- Pulse until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Pulse a couple more times and it will start to ball together.
- Turn out onto a work surface and lightly knead to form a soft dough.
- Roll into a sausage shape about 1.5″ in diameter.
- Use a serrated edge knife to slice the dough into slices.
- Place the slices on a baking sheet sprayed with coconut oil, and bake in the center of the oven at 300F, for 20 – 23 minutes until they are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking sheet.