Loaded Baked Potato Soup
Living in Georgia, we don’t get a ton of cold weather, so when fall finally hits, we’re thrilled about soups! This loaded baked potato soup is my second favorite soup, because broccoli cheese is my absolute favorite. My husband would definitely say that my clam chowder is his favorite, but my hearty chili would be a close second. This recipe is enough for four, with absolutely no leftovers! When all five of our kiddos were home, I would triple the recipe to make sure that we had leftovers.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 4 medium potatoes (about 2 pounds) – peeled, cubed, and rinsed
- 2 teaspoons distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 1/2 cups milk whisked with 3 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup of pre-packaged bacon)
- Bring first 5 ingredients to a boil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Reduce heat and then cover and simmer over medium-low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add the milk and flour mixture into the soup, and stir in cheese and the bacon. Simmer, uncovered, 5-8 minutes, or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Recipe can be easily doubled or tripled. If you like softer potatoes you can cook a little longer in the first step.