Twice Baked Potato Casserole
This recipe can be done in a cast iron pan as well.
- 6 large potatoes
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespooms butter
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup buttermilk (or whole milk)
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1 package dry ranch dressing mix
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Peel and cut the potatoes in large chunks. Salt your boiling water (as you would for pasta) and bring to a boil, turn down to simmer until fork tender.
- Drain the potatoes in a colander and then return to warm pan.
- Add the cream cheese and the butter. Place the cover back on the pan and leave it for about 10 or 15 minutes. The cream cheese and the butter will soften and melt and make it really easy to mash the potatoes.
- Add the sour cream, buttermilk, ranch dressing mix, black pepper, and seasoning salt then stir.
- Fold in the bacon bits, half of the cheddar cheese and the Parmesan cheese. Put into a casserole dish, smooth the top and sprinkle the rest of the cheddar cheese on top.
- Place in a preheated 350°F oven for 25 -30 minutes or until the cheese is melted and just starting to brown.
Add the ranch dressing mix, black pepper, and seasoned salt and stir. Fold in the bacon bits, half of the cheddar cheese and the Parmesan cheese.