Broccoli Bacon Casserole
- 6 cups fresh broccoli, chopped
- 8 ounces cream cheese, very soft
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 3 slices thick cut bacon already cooked (or 1/2 cup bacon bits)
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 350°F.
- Chop the onions and cut the broccoli florets into small pieces and add to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the cream cheese, 1/2 of the shredded cheddar cheese and the salt and pepper to the bowl with the vegetables. Use a spatula to combine all the ingredients together.
- Spray an 8×8 glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Pour the broccoli mixture into the baking dish; top with the crumbled bacon and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the cheese is melted and slightly golden brown.