Mississippi Mud Cake
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 10.5 ounce bag of marshmallows (use after cake is baked)
- 1/2 cup butter (1 stick)
- 6 Tablespoons milk
- 3 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
Heat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour 9×13 inch baking pan.
Stir together sugar, flour, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in large bowl.
Add eggs, milk, oil and vanilla; using mixer, beat on medium speed for 2 minutes.
Stir in boiling water (batter will be thin). Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 30 to 35 minutes and immediately top with marshmallows when you remove cake from oven.
- Combine butter and cocoa powder then add powdered sugar, milk, and vanilla extract.
- Spread over cooled cake