You have the option to use my overnight yeast bread rather than the frozen loaf if you have the time. It adds a lot to the recipe.
- Frozen Bread Loaf
- 4 ounces breakfast sausage
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Italian seasoning, Garlic salt, garlic pepper
- Thaw bread loaf in loaf pan, then before it starts to rise roll it out on flat surface (dusted with flour) with rolling pin. Bread should be rectangle shaped once flattened.
- Spread butter over the entire surface and then sprinkle seasonings over the entire surface.
- Using uncooked sausage, pinch little pieces off and place on surface of bread. If you use small pieces the sausage will cook thoroughly! Do NOT use large pieces, sausage may not cook through.
- Once everything is on the bread, roll it up tightly and place in casserole dish (oval or round is fine) and let rise.
- This takes a couple of hours, the bread should rise to about 2x the size of the original loaf.
- This recipe takes a lot of time, but very much worth the wait and effort it takes.
- I usually thaw the bread in the fridge the night before I plan to make it, and roll it out as soon as I wake up the next morning.