Squash and Onion Casserole
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 1/2 pounds yellow summer squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup sharp shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sleeve slightly crushed sweet crackers (Ritz, Townhouse, Club)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F. Spray a 2-quart casserole dish.
2. Heat the oil and butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the squash and onions, until soft. Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan, cheddar, and sour cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste.
3. Place in the prepared casserole dish and sprinkle the cracker crumbs evenly over the top. Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden and bubbly.