Although his recipe is what’s commonly referred to as a “plain” cheesecake, there’s nothing plain about it. It’s fantastic all by itself, or you could choose any number of toppings. Chocolate, raspberry preserves, blueberry compote, or even fresh strawberries and whipped cream! It doesn’t take long to put together, especially if the cream cheese is properly softened. There is a significant cooling time with cheesecakes, so don’t until the last minute to decide this sounds good for tonight’s dessert!
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 (8 ounce packages) softened cream cheese
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 eggs
- Heat oven to 325°F.
- Mix graham crumbs, 3 tablespoons sugar and butter; press onto bottom of 9 or 10-inch springform pan.
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake 50 min. or until center is almost set. Loosen cake from rim of pan; cool before removing rim. Refrigerate a minimum of four hours before serving.