Instapot Keylime Cheesecake
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs (about 9 crackers)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed key lime juice
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coat a 7-inch springform pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter and sugar. Press the crumbs into the springform pan and about 1 inch up the sides. Freeze the crust for 10 minutes.
- In another bowl, beat the cream cheese until it is smooth. Slowly beat in the sweetened condensed milk, then the lime juice, then the egg and lime zest. Don’t overmix. Pour the batter into the frozen crust, than cover the top of the cheesecake with foil.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of the instant pot and place a trivet in the bottom. Carefully lower the pan into the Instant Pot. Lock the lid in placed turn the pressure release valve to the sealed position. Select high pressure for 32 minutes.
- When the time ends, let the pressure cooker release naturally for 10 minutes, then do a quick pressure release. When the valve drops, carefully remove the lid.
- Carefully move the cheesecake to a wire rack to cool. Leave foil on for the first hour and then you can uncover.
- Once cool, cover the cheesecake with plastic wrap and transfer it to the refrigerator to chill for at least 4 hours, but preferably overnight.
- When ready to serve, make the whipped cream: in a bowl, beat the cream until it starts to thicken. Add the powdered sugar and the vanilla and continue to beat until stiff peaks form.
- Serve the cheesecake topped with the whipped cream.