Instapot Clam Chowder
- (3) 6.5 oz cans chopped clams (reserve the clam juice)
- 8 ounce bottle clam juice
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds potatoes, (4 cups) peeled and diced
- 1 1/3 cups half andhalf
- 1 1/2 tablespoons corn starch mixed with three tablespoons milk or half and half.
- Open the clams and drain the clam juice into a measuring cup, then add bottle of clam juice to it. Set aside.
- Turn on the InstaPot’s sauté function and add the butter, onion, celery, and thyme. Cook, stirring and scraping the bottom of the pot to get up all of the brown bits, until the onions are translucent.
- Add the garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Turn off InstaPot.
- Add the potatoes and clam juice and stir.
- Put the lid on and put in the sealing position.
- Cook on high pressure for 3 minutes, then do a QPR.
- Turn the sauté function back on the lowest setting then add the clams and the half and half. Let the chowder heat through, but do not boil it.
- Thicken it with the half and half and corn starch mixture.