InstaPot Red Beans and Rice
- 1 cup dried red kidney beans, soaked
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup bell peppers, diced
- 14 ounces Andouille sausage, cut into chunks
- 1 cup canned (or fresh) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 3/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 cups water
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons Louisiana hot sauce
- Add oil to instapot and turn on the sauté function. Add onion, celery, and peppers, then sauté for about 5 minutes until they are softened, then add garlic and sauté for another five minutes. Add remaining ingredients, minus the sausage. (alternative option is to dump all the ingredients into the InstaPot. This will produce somewhat crunchier vegetables).
- Cook at high pressure for 15 minutes, and then allow to naturally release pressure for 15 minutes.
- Remove half the beans, and using an immersion blender, blend and add back to the pot.
- Add sausage to beans in pot and using sauté function, cook about 10 minutes until beans have thickened.
- Serve over rice.