Keto Fried Eggplant
- 3/4 cup almond flour, about 3 ounces
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese, 3 ounces
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning or other seasoning of your choice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 eggs
- Peel and slice eggplant, cover with salt, and let sit in a colander for 30 minutes to sweat. Rinse and dry eggplant and set aside while making the breading.
- Combine all of the dry ingredients in a shallow dish. Break the eggs into another shallow dish and beat well with a fork.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Dip each piece of eggplant in egg to coat, then lightly coat them with parmesan-almond mixture. Fry until golden brown on both sides. Drain them on a paper towel-lined plate.
Per Serving: 250 Calories; 20g Fat; 12g Protein; 8g Carbohydrate; 4.5g Dietary Fiber; 3.5g Net Carbs