Chicken Bacon Ranch Mac and Cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 package (about 3 tablespoons) dry ranch seasoning
Mac and Cheese Ingredients
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, warmed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dry ranch seasoning
- 1/2 cup white cheddar cheese, freshly grated
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese, freshly grated
- 8 ounces (2 cups) elbow macaroni, cooked al dente and drained
- 4 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled
- In a large mixing bowl, combine chicken and ranch seasoning. Toss to coat evenly.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the chicken in batches. Cook 1-2 minutes on each side (or until golden brown and internal temperature is 165°F). Remove from heat and keep warm.
Macaroni and Cheese Directions
- In that same skillet, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the flour and whisk constantly for 1-2 minutes (or until the mixture turns light brown).
- Remove from heat and gradually pour in the warm milk, whisking constantly.
- Return the pan to the heat and whisk another 3-5 minutes, or until thickened.
- Add the salt, garlic powder, and ranch seasoning. Stir to combine and remove from heat.
- Add the cheeses, stirring to melt.
- Pour the cooked noodles over the top of the sauce. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper, and top with the chicken, bacon,