Instant Pot Salsa Chicken with Cream Cheese
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- In a small bowl combine the chili powder, cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Sprinkle over the chicken breasts and place them in the instant pot.
- Top with the salsa and chicken broth.
- Press manual and set your Instant Pot to 12 minutes. (Increase time to 22 if they are frozen.) Seal the lid.
- Once the cooking is done, allow the pressure to naturally release for 7 minutes and then open the valve to quick release.
- Shred the chicken and return it to the pot. Add cream cheese and place the lid on the pot with the pot set to warm. Allow it to sit for 5 minutes, until the cream cheese is softened. Stir to combine.