Creamy Chicken Tortilla Soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 jalapeño diced and seeded
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilis, such as rotel
- 14 1/2 ounce can black beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 cup corn, drained if canned
- 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
- 1 tablespoon dried cilantro
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and jalapeño and cook until onion is softened.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove chicken and shred. Add back to the pot and simmer for 3 minutes.
- Spoon soup into bowls and and top with tortilla strips, sour cream, cheese, etc.
Tortilla Strip Directions
- Cut tortillas into thin strips.
- Heat 1/4 cup oil and fry in small batches until crisp. Drain and salt.