Shrimp Fried Rice
Awesome recipe! Requires prep, so read through it before you are ready to make it!
- 3 1/2 cups cooked and cooled rice (cook the day before and cool in fridge until time to use)
- 1 1/2 pounds shrimp, peeled and de-veined
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup peas and carrots (frozen is easiest)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 chopped white onion
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, rice wine vinegar, ginger powder and white pepper until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large wok or skillet over medium-high heat and cook shrimp for 2-3 minutes, or until pink and opaque.
- Season with salt and pepper and remove from heat.
- Add onions to the same pan and saute until tender. 5-7 minutes then transfer to same plate as shrimp and set aside.
- Pour beaten eggs into the skillet and scramble, breaking them up with your spatula as you go. Then transfer to same plate as veggies and shrimp.
- Heat remaining olive oil in skillet and, once hot, stir in leftover rice.
- Cook rice on high for a few minutes, frequently stirring, then return shrimp, onions and scrambled eggs to the wok.
- Pour in soy sauce mixture and toss to coat.