Pork Egg Rolls
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1 pound ground lean pork
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 5 cups cabbage coleslaw blend
- 1/2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 15 egg roll wrappers*
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 375°F.
- In large skillet, sauté garlic and onions in olive oil on medium until tender. Add ground pork and sauté until browned. Add coleslaw blend and green onions, and stir-fry on med-high heat about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add ginger, soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Spread the filling out onto a large baking sheet. To cool before filling, prop the baking sheet up on one side to allow any juices to accumulate at the bottom so your egg rolls are not too moist. Discard the juices.
- To assemble, place 2 tablespoons of filling near corner towards you. Then fold over left and right sides. Dampen edges of the corner that is away from you with the cornstarch and water mixture, and finish rolling.
- Deep fry at 375°F until golden brown.
*These wrappers can be found in the produce section of just about any supermarket.