- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup apple juice
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 2⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cooked white rice (optional)
- Heat oil in a large skillet, add chicken pieces and cook until lightly browned, and then set aside.
- Mix remaining ingredients (except rice) in a medium size bowl and then add to pan, heating over medium until well mixed and sugar is dissolved.
- Add chicken and bring to a hard boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve over hot cooked rice.