Veggie Stuffed Pork Chops
- 4 thick pork chops
- 5 to 6 medium mushroom caps (sliced thin)
- 1 tablespoon dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup broccoli – chopped, cooked
- 1 stalk celery – finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Saute celery in butter until tender, set aside. Cut mushrooms into thin slices and place in bowl, and then add soup mix and broccoli to bowl.
- Beat egg in small bowl and pour over mushroom mixture, blending well. Add celery and Parmesan cheese to mixture in bowl. Slice pork chops along the side making a pocket in each one, and stuff mixture into each pocket and place in a 9×9 casserole and sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake at 350° for 40 to 45 minutes or until desired doneness.