Chicken Cordon Blue
- 2 chicken breasts
- Salt and Pepper
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 6 thin slices of ham
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 cup plain Panko bread crumbs
- Oil spray
Ingredients for Sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1/2 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350° F.
Spread panko breadcrumbs on a baking tray and spray with oil. Bake for 3 minutes or until light golden. Remove and scrape into bowl straight away.
- Pound chicken breasts as flat as possible and lightly salt and pepper both sides.
- Starting at one end of the chicken, place half the ham on each chicken breast and then place swiss cheese slices on top of ham. Roll up chicken as tightly as possible and secure with toothpicks.
- Mix the mayo and mustard and spread on the chicken, careful to avoid the toothpicks.
Sprinkle panko over the chicken, using your other hand to press the breadcrumbs onto the side of the chicken. Spray with oil.
Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until golden brown and just cooked through. Remove toothpicks, serve with the Dijon Cream Sauce.
Directions for Sauce
Melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Add flour and cook for 1 minute.
Add half the milk and whisk until the flour mixture is blended in.
Add remaining milk, mustard and cheese. Cook for 3 minutes, whisking constantly, until thickened. It will thicken as it cools.
Remove from heat, add salt and pepper to taste. Serve over the chicken.